Valutherm+ is Scotframe’s unique factory injected, closed panel solution, for wall, roof and floor systems with high thermal performance built in.
- Industry leading
- High thermal performance
- Factory insulated
- Energy efficient
- Closed panel timber frame system
Energy efficiency built in
Timber frame is one of the most widely used structural building methods in the world. Scotframe uses Valutherm+ to build upon this established technology, injecting high performance insulation into the building’s structure to create an insulated frame that will deliver outstanding thermal performance.
This is known as a fabric first approach, using insulation, detailing and manufacturing expertise to deliver a thermally efficient timber frame structure. The thermal performance of the kit in turn diminishes the heating requirements for the home, reducing the energy used over the lifetime of the building.
Valutherm+ Wall Section
Why choose a Valutherm+ kit?
- Exceptional thermal performance
- Factory controlled build quality
- Reduced energy use over the lifetime of your home
The thermal performance that Valutherm+ achieves will help you to meet the standards that you have set for your project. Valutherm+ offers a practical, cost-effective solution to not only meeting, but often surpassing building regulation requirements, and has been used to achieve A-rated Energy Performance Certificates, and PassivHaus standards.
Wall panels are available in 140mm, 184mm and 235mm stud sizes and provide an array of thermal performance options which achieve U-values ranging from 0.09mm unit W/m2K to 0.17mm unit W/m2K depending on final wall specification and individual customer requirements.
U Values of standard Valutherm+ wall panels with block work outer leaf
|Stud Size||Unit W/m2K|
Thermal performance benefits
Through continued testing both internally and using an independent third party, the declared lambda value of Valutherm+ insulation has been shown as 0.022 W/m2K based upon 140mm insulation and 0.023 W/m2K for panels at 184mm and above.
During the quality-controlled production process, Valutherm+ injected polyurethane insulation fully fills the voids in the panel. This complete coverage helps to give the panel it’s uniform thermal performance.
Approximately 25% of heat loss in a traditional home can be through poorly controlled thermal bridging. Our thermally modelled design details help to reduce the impact of thermal bridging, further improving energy efficiency when compared to traditional building solutions.
To support your project, a range of bespoke calculated PSI values are available.
Please speak to our technical team for further details.
Environment & Sustainability
By far the largest environmental advantage offered by a Valutherm+ kit is from reduced energy during the life of the building using Valutherm+ panels.
There are supplementary savings in emissions during the construction phase due to reduced deliveries to site, faster build times, and a reduction in on site equipment. The electricity used at our manufacturing sites is also certified as being from renewable sources.
All the timber used in Scotframe’s kits, including those integrating Valutherm+ insulation, is procured from responsible sources certified FSC or PEFC.
- Control of thermal bridging and air tightness is more assured and less dependent on on-site workmanship
- Valutherm+ has no ‘tacked-on’ awkward extra layers of insulation on the structure – all the factory injected insulation is integrated within the building panel
- Where required, windows and external doors (even patio doors) can be factory fitted before the panels are transported to site
- No requirement for ‘special’ wall ties
- Less on-site materials handling, storage, waste, theft & security issues
- The Valutherm+ panels can be erected extremely quickly thereby reducing timescales and speeding up the build programme
- Greater accuracy and a better standard of finish on handover
Download the Brochure
Download the Valutherm+ brochure to find out more about Scotframe’s injected insulation closed panel solution.